Everyday on the CitizenTube channel (and @CitizenTube on Twitter), along with our curation partners @storyful, we look at how the top news stories are covered on YouTube. Each week we post a weekly recap of the top news stories of the week, as seen through the lens of both citizen-reported footage and professional news coverage.
- We were horrified to see footage of a massacre in a village called Houla near Homs, Syria. At least 32 children were killed. (Warning: extremely graphic footage)
- We were shocked as Italy endured both a strong earthquake and a bomb blast outside a school in a two-day period.
- We viewed SpaceX successfully launch the first commercial supply flight to the International Space Station.
- We witnessed a protest march in Montreal that began with people banging pots and pans end with police arresting 400 students.
- We followed the presidential candidates on the US campaign trail as Barack Obama and Mitt Romney kept up strong attacks on one another with biting new TV ads.
- We marveled at a rare solar eclipse in Asia and parts of the western United States that turned the sun into a 'ring-of-fire'.
- We saw the U.S. State Department. and Amnesty International release their respective 2011 Human Rights reports.
- We observed hundreds of anti-NATO protesters march through the streets of Chicago ahead of the opening of the NATO summit there.
- We said goodbye to a music legend as Robin Gibb, member of the Bee Gees, passed away aged 62.
- We saw celebrations in London and elsewhere as Chelsea Football Club took home the coveted Champion's League trophy.
Come back to watch the news unfold on YouTube.
Olivia Ma, YouTube News & Politics, recently watched "Children killed in 'massacre' in Syria's Houla.